Danish Demining Group
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a Humanitarian Mine Action Unit in the Danish Refugee Council (DRC). DRC is a non-profit organization that works worldwide to help and protect refugees, internally displaced- and other conflict-affected persons.
The DDG mission is to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of Landmines, Unexploded Ordnances and Small Arms & Light Weapons.
DDG operates with three strategic objectives that define the fundamental and specific aims of our operations:
- Enhance Human Security by clearing landmines and unexploded ordnance, reduce the threat from small arms & light weapons and by providing risk education and raising awareness
- Provide impact oriented, cost effective and innovative solutions in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders
- Support local structures and institutions with finding sustainable solutions to residual problems and in a manner that enables economic and social development.
We work to enable post-conflict communities to (re)gain access to their assets an support the efforts of governments, relief- and development organisation to enable recovery and community transition into social and economic development.
Our work is based on the Value Compass of the Danish Refugee Council;
- Humanitarian approach - people's right to a life with dignity takes precedence over politics and principles
- Respect - for the equal rights of human beings
- Independence and neutrality - in regards to our surroundings
- Inclusion - of the people we work to help
- Honesty and transparency - for all beneficiaries, donors, partners and others