The PRAB initiative focusses on human rights violations at the EU’s external and internal borders - particularly the illegal practice of pushbacks. Through harmonized data collection methods and building upon the extensive experience and ongoing evidence-based work of different partners, the PRAB initiative aims to:
- Document and collect testimonies of these well-established and systematic rights violations.
- Trigger and support legal action, when relevant and feasible.
- Highlight accountability issues, as well as the need for Independent Border Monitoring mechanisms.
The reports bring together:
- Data on pushbacks, as well as rights violation during these illegal practices, for a multitude of borders at the EU’s internal and external frontiers.
- An overview of increasing protection concerns and a lack of legal pathways.
- Updates on legal venues and relevant jurisprudence.
- Policy recommendations, as good faith is not enough to ensure that border management is human rights compliant.