What requirements apply for residence permits due to special circumstances? 

<p><span class="NormalTextRun SCXW255828404 BCX0">An unaccompanied minor can be granted a residence permit pursuant to t</span><span class="NormalTextRun SCXW255828404 BCX0">he Danish Aliens Act, § 9c Section<span> 1 (special circumstances) if the child has previously had a residence permit and if special circumstances apply – for </span></span><span class="NormalTextRun SCXW255828404 BCX0">example, if the child’s attachment to Denmark is considered stronger than to the country of origin, or if the child needs special support pursuant to the Danish Social Service Law to be able to function physically and mentally.</span><span class="NormalTextRun SCXW255828404 BCX0"> </span> </p>

Applications for residence permit pursuant to the Aliens Act § 9c, Section 1 are processed by the Danish Immigration Service.